Video

About the library

“You are coming into the libraries, the
Inhabitance of knowledge”

Kan’el’

 

Scientific and technical library of PSUTI was formed during September 1956, simultaneously with the institute. The first year the library occupied 60 sq. meters, in its structure there were two departments, and five librarians worked. The Library had 190 readers. In 1986 the library moved into the new building on the Moscow highway, 77.

At present the area of the library comprises more than 2000 sq. meters. For guaranteeing of training process, scientific and pedagogical activity in the service of the readers there are: three subscriptions, three reading hall, the hall of catalogs. Library has available more than 340 thousand copies fund. Since 2000 the library approached the automation of technological processes. Electronic catalog is created since 2001.

Our library works with the net version of program product "IRBIS64" . In the library there is: 36 computers, 3 Xeroxes, 7 printers, 4 scanners. Staffing fund of the library is conducted according to all studied in the academy - Institute of Higher Education training disciplines and specialties: physics and equipment of optical communication, information systems, radio engineering, the communication network and switching system, multichannel telecommunication systems, radio communication, radio broadcasting and television, the means of connection with the mobile objects, audiovisual technology, software of computer technology and automated systems, the economy and control in the enterprises of connection.

 

New

Virtual Reference





Facebook